Breaking

Monday, May 15, 2023

Dilip Joshi turned down ‘Comedy Circus’ despite no work; Here’s why!

dilip joshi comedy circus

Indian TV actor Dilip Joshi best known for the sitcom ‘Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah’ said he refused to do ‘Comedy Circus’ due to ‘below the belt’ jokes.

In a recent tell-all with a digital channel, Dilip Joshi aka Jethalal of ‘TMKOC’ recalled the tough times when he turned down the offer for the standup comedy show, despite having no work and a family to look after.

Watch ARY News live on live.arynews.tv

“In 2007, one of the plays, which I was doing ended. One of my shows also came to an end. First time there was a period that I had no work. I didn’t get any call for work,” Joshi remembered the struggling period.

He continued, “I had two kids and a family to take care of. The expenses including school fees and others were rising, and it was a very difficult period. I had worked as an actor and established myself. I knew nothing other than acting.”

The actor further shared that it was the time he got an offer for the show, which also featured A-list comedians like Kapil Sharma, Bharti Singh, Ali Asgar, and Krushna Abhishek at one time, however, he refused to take it citing ‘below the belt jokes’ in the script as the reason.

“Most of their jokes were below the belt, and they were paying well also. But I thought I have never done such kind of work since I have always maintained that I should do that kind of work which my family can watch together,” Joshi explained.

“My kids should watch my work and they should be proud of what I do. Thus, I rejected Comedy Circus.”

The actor further revealed that he got his career-defining role of Jethalal the next month and it was a turning point for him.

‘TMKOC’ actor accuses makers of sexual harassment; quits the show

“After rejecting Comedy Circus, within a month and a half I was offered Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah. It was a miracle,” he concluded.

It is pertinent to mention that Joshi has been part of the show as the main character since the beginning of the sitcom in 2008.



from Lifestyle News - Latest Lifestyle News, Celebrity, Fashion, and Luxury https://ift.tt/l9TQL8X https://ift.tt/PauOoFb

No comments:

Post a Comment