Breaking

Wednesday, May 31, 2023

10 years of ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’: Ayan Mukerji makes surprising revelation

yeh jawaani hai deewani 10 years

It has been 10 years since Ayan Mukerji’s ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’ starring Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone was released.

Celebrating a decade of this unforgettable friendship and love of Bunny and Naina, Mukerji penned a gratitude note with a nostalgic montage of the film and revealed that he is yet to watch the cult classic fully.

Watch ARY News live on live.arynews.tv

“YJHD – My second child, a piece of my heart and soul – 10 years old today,” he wrote on the social site Instagram. “I think after all these years, I can confidently say that… Making this movie was one of the greatest joys of my life! And what we achieved with it – with all its perfections and imperfections – is a source of great eternal pride for me!”

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Ayan Mukerji (@ayan_mukerji)

He further divulged, “Strangely, I don’t think I’ve ever seen Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani fully from beginning to end, since the day it released … (Always pushing towards the next milestone, and not looking back enough…!). But when I’m older and wiser – I think I will watch the movie atleast once a year – because a big part of who I was and how I looked at life – is forever captured in this movie !”

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Dharma Productions (@dharmamovies)

“So, putting out a whole lot of gratitude for Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani… and all the many people who connected deeply with the movie over the years,” the filmmaker added.

Ranbir Kapoor teases ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’ sequel

Released on May 31, 2013, the Dharma Productions’ coming-of-the-age rom-com was written and directed by filmmaker Ayan Mukerji. The title starred the hit pair of then, Deepika Padukone and Ranbir Kapoor along with Aditya Roy Kapur and Kalki Koechlin among others.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Dharma Productions (@dharmamovies)

‘YJHD’ was a massive Box Office success and received acclaim from the critics, in addition to several accolades.



from Lifestyle News - Latest Lifestyle News, Celebrity, Fashion, and Luxury https://ift.tt/8QLZAgf https://ift.tt/SnNhLbW

No comments:

Post a Comment