Breaking

Saturday, March 18, 2023

‘Jurassic Park’ actor Sam Neill reveals blood cancer diagnosis

sam neill blood cancer

Veteran actor Sam Neill, best known for his role in ‘Jurassic Park’ (1993), revealed that he was diagnosed with stage III blood cancer last year.

Ahead of the release of his new memoir ‘Did I Ever Tell You This?’ next week, the ‘Peaky Blinders’ actor sat with a foreign-based news outlet to speak about the book when he mentioned the diagnosis. However, Neill confirmed that he is cancer-free now.

Watch ARY News live on live.arynews.tv

As per the conversation, Neill was diagnosed with angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma while promoting ‘Jurassic World Dominion’ last year and underwent chemotherapy to treat it. He has battled cancer and is on a new chemotherapy drug now which will continue for the rest of his life.

“I’m not off the hook as such, but there’s no cancer in my body,” he told the outlet.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by SamNeillTheProp (@samneilltheprop)

Speaking about the struggles, Neill stated to the publication, “I can’t pretend that the last year hasn’t had its dark moments. But those dark moments throw the light into sharp relief, you know, and have made me grateful for every day and immensely grateful for all my friends.”

“Just pleased to be alive,” he added.

Neill confirmed that he had no intention to write the book but it proved as his reason to live. “As I went on and kept writing, I realized it was actually sort of giving me a reason to live and I would go to bed thinking, ‘I’ll write about that tomorrow … that will entertain me.’ And so it was a lifesaver really because I couldn’t have gone through that with nothing to do, you know.”

Actor Bruce Willis diagnosed with untreatable dementia

It is pertinent to mention here that the memoir hit shelves on Monday, March 21.

Meanwhile, on the acting front, Sam Neill is currently shooting for the mini-series ‘Apples Never Fall’ with Annette Bening.



from Lifestyle News - Latest Lifestyle News, Celebrity, Fashion, and Luxury https://ift.tt/w5N47tD https://ift.tt/VIigSf1

No comments:

Post a Comment