Breaking

Monday, May 31, 2021

Will you be my Fairy Garden Valentine?

Will you be my Fairy Garden Valentine?


Finally, it's February! This January seemed to last for years. But now we go to a month’s worth of football, l, groundhogs, and Valentine. I have always thought of February as the beginning of the springtime season. Valentine's Day started a lot of holidays. St. Patrick's Day, Easter, etc. Which helps us to carry in warmer weather and sunny days. During the snowy weeks of weakening winters, I hold on tight with those holidays, seeing them as a lifeline. Simply put, they give me hope.

This week, I’m thinking about Valentine’s Day. While it is considered the most romantic day for couples, I have always enjoyed spreading love on February 14 to my friends, family members, and acquaintances. We can all use a little more love this year! And gardeners are in luck.  This year, I challenge you to drop a special bouquet of roses and try something new: a winter container garden.

For a simple garden gift for Valentine’s, look no further than my favorite winter container plant, String of Hearts. This delicate, rear houseplant makes a sweet gift for those who appreciate all things green and growing. Winter plants and winter container gardens are excellent gifts, especially when placed in carefully selected containers and decorated with miniature accessories and fairies. Keep reading for some of my top ideas for Valentine's Day scenes that you can create in the winter container garden.


1. Animals: What could be a cutter than two snugly animals? Think about the gift recipient's favorite animal. Find "plants" with two miniature versions of that animal and winter flowering plants. A small DYY sign completes the scene when he says, "I can't wait to see our love grow," or "A string of hearts for two lovebirds."


2. Best Friends: Do you celebrate “Gallant Lantern Day”? Give your BFF a winter container garden gift that is a favorite. Start with a winter container plant in color.


3. Genomes in love: Fairies are not just miniature garden dwellers! Everyone knows that the genome is not always struck by a love bug. Choose two beautiful genomes for your miniature garden gift. Arrange them around the winter plants, add a little tad dust, and finish the scene with a white picket fence. The accompanying card or DIY Garden sign can declare, "Love the genome you are" or "I love you genome matter." The possibilities are endless.


He. Heart: Strings is my favorite Valentine's Day miniature plant. This year, I’m looking for a heart-shaped container to match! I want to combine the greenery version and the varied variety in a heart-shaped winter container garden. Sitting at my desk, two strings of heart plants will help brighten my place and make sure love is in the air (or at least in the container)!



What will you make this season? While the cold and snow keep us inside, consider creating a winter container garden to gift to your loved ones. Hearts of Hearts is a place to start, but there is a whole world of miniature plants you can love.

No comments:

Post a Comment